Michael W. Bertics
Mr. Bertics is a Board Certified Workers’ Compensation specialist. He has practiced exclusively in the areas of Workers’ Compensation and Social Security Disability Law for his entire career. He is passionate about leveling the playing field between victims and insurance companies, and works tirelessly to ensure his clients receive fair treatment from employers.
Mr. Bertics is a recognized expert in workers’ compensation law. Mr. Bertics is the current Chair of the N.C. Bar Workers’ Compensation Specialization Committee which is responsible for certifying attorneys in North Carolina as specialists in workers’ compensation law. He is a frequent lecturer at workers compensation legal education conferences and has authored articles and manuscripts on a wide range of subjects in workers’ compensation law. He has substantial workers’ compensation litigation experience, trying workers’ compensation cases at all levels, from the initial hearing all the way through the North Carolina Supreme Court.
Mr. Bertics is also a fierce advocate for the rights of the disabled with the Social Security Administration and in Federal Court. He helps disabled individuals through the frustrating process of seeking disability benefits from Social Security. He also frequently takes over cases that have been lost by other attorneys and helps disabled individuals appeal their wrongful denials to the Appeals Council and to Federal District Court.
Michael is a native of Wake County. He lives in Raleigh, NC with his wife, Carrie, and four children. They are active in the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, and do their part to give back to the community in any way they can. Mr. Bertics is also the Chair of North Carolina Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service Committee, tasked with helping members of the general public find attorneys who can help with all types of legal matters.
Practice Areas & Specialties
- Workers’ Compensation
- Social Security Disability
- Cases involving Lyme disease and tick-borne illnesses
- Cases involving Multiple Sclerosis
- Supreme Court of North Carolina
- All NC State Courts
- All NC Federal District Courts
- Duke University (BA, with distinction)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (J.D., Honors)
Memberships & Accreditations
- Martindale-Hubbell Preeminent Peer Rating for Highest Level of Professional Excellence, 2018
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Workers’ Compensation Section
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina Board Certified in Workers’ Compensation Law
- Wake County Bar Association
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Clinical Advisory Committee, NC Chapter
- National Business Institute, National Lecturer
- CLE, Guest Lecturer
Contact Michael W. Bertics
To speak with Michael today about your case, click here. Your initial consultation is free!