Michael W. Bertics
Mr. Bertics is a Board Certified Workers’ Compensation specialist. He has practiced exclusively in the areas of Workers’ Compensation and Social Security Disability Law for his entire career. He is passionate about leveling the playing field between victims and insurance companies, and works tirelessly to ensure his clients receive fair treatment from employers.
Mr. Bertics is a recognized expert in workers’ compensation law. Mr. Bertics is the past Chair of the N.C. Bar Workers’ Compensation Specialization Committee which is responsible for certifying attorneys in North Carolina as specialists in workers’ compensation law. He chaired the Workers’ Compensation committee for three years and served on the committee for six. He is a frequent lecturer at workers compensation and Social Security legal education conferences and has given over 40 presentations on a wide range of subjects in workers’ compensation and Social Security law. He has substantial workers’ compensation litigation experience, trying workers’ compensation cases at all levels, from the initial hearing all the way through the North Carolina Supreme Court. He is frequently associated as lead counsel in complex workers compensation claims by attorneys around the state.
Mr. Bertics is also a fierce advocate for the rights of the disabled with the Social Security Administration and in Federal Court. He helps disabled individuals through the frustrating process of seeking disability benefits from Social Security. He also frequently takes over cases that have been lost by other attorneys and helps disabled individuals appeal their wrongful denials to the Appeals Council and to Federal District Court.
Michael is a native of Wake County. He lives in Raleigh, NC with his wife, Carrie, and four children. Mr. Bertics is a past-Chair of North Carolina Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service Committee tasked with helping members of the general public find attorneys who can help with all types of legal matters.
Practice Areas & Specialties
- Workers’ Compensation
- Social Security Disability
- Cases involving Lyme disease and tick-borne illnesses
- Cases involving Multiple Sclerosis
- Cases involving Traumatic Brain Injury
- Supreme Court of North Carolina
- All NC State Courts
- All NC Federal District Courts
- Duke University (BA, with Distinction)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (J.D., Honors)
Memberships & Accreditations
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Workers’ Compensation Section
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Clinical Advisory Committee, NC Chapter
- National Business Institute, National Lecturer
- CLE, Guest Lecturer
- AVVO 10.0 out of 10.0 rating since 2012
- Martindale-Hubbell Preeminent AV Peer Rating for Highest Level of Professional Excellence since 2014
- C. Super Lawyers Rising Stars since 2015
Contact Michael W. Bertics
To speak with Michael today about your case, click here. Your initial consultation is free!